Top Tips for Cooking Malaysian at Home
Are you looking to spice up your home-cooked dinners?
You can add some Malaysian dishes to your food repertoire, as here are some top tips to cooking Malaysian at home.
1. Use short cuts - you do not need to grind your own spices instead you can use commercial curry mixes that will boost flavors. You can simply add fresh ingredients like garlic, ginger and shallots during the cooking process.
2. Malaysians cook by taste - you may think a recipe needs more amount of salt so don't be afraid to add it.
3. Always blanch the noodles in a separate pot of boiling water and not in the soup. When you make a soup based noodle dish like Curry Laksa.
4.Never add curry powder or powers spices directly into a pot of water. Mix them to a paste with water and fry till the oil separates.
5. Cook the stir-fry into small batches to maintain a high heat level during the cooking process and avoid noodles or vegetables stewing.
Spice up your barbecue with Malaysian
1. Wrap seafood in banana leaves, which gives it extra flavor and keeps them moist while they are cooking.
2. Base the meat with lemongrass dipped in oil for extra flavor
3. Cut the meat into thin strips and use it for skewering.